Your wedding is probably the most important and special day of your life, and it’s necessary to ensure that everything is perfect. The entire planning process can be mentally and physically taxing, but if you start early, you would have enough time to select all the right things. In this post, we will talk about wedding catering services and how you can find one that justifies the price paid.
- Decide your requirements. If you are sure of the menu and services, selecting a service shouldn’t be hard. Many couples often meet caterers, just to know what they can probably have in terms of choices. However, keep a shortlist handy to take discussions further.
- Is the company experienced enough? Not every caterer specializes in wedding catering, so that’s something you have to specifically consider. Find more about their clientele, and to know more, ask for a few client references.
- Do you need delivery services or full-service catering? For a small intimate gathering of friends and family members, you probably don’t need a full-time caterer. Consider the head count before taking a call on this.
- What’s usually included in the price? In case of full-service catering, caterers are expected to arrange for the entire setup before guests arrive and must do the cleanup after all else has concluded. Also, for the package, you can get table arrangements and bar services, as well.
- Get a detailed estimate. That’s extremely relevant and important, because there’s no point of fighting or disputing later. If you have been promised an offer, check that everything is mentioned clearly on paper.
- Check photos of their events. Many full-service catering companies like to share the details of their recent events. Bear in mind that good food must be presented in the right way, so how a caterer deals with serving guests is something worth pondering on.
- For bigger events, pay for tasting. In some cases, tasting is offered for free, but most caterers will charge a small fee for that. Make sure that you have asked for this, especially if the head count is more than hundred.
Lastly, get involved in the planning process. Ask the caterer to check the venue, so that any further requests for arrangements can be sorted. You may also want to meet their bartenders and servers to ensure that these are professional people with experience. Check for services in your city now!